We're on your side.
Call us at 202-772-3157

Student Visas

F - Student Visa
Foreign nationals who have been accepted by U.S. colleges or universities and who satisfy certain other requirements may be eligible for this type of visa, which is valid for the duration of an applicant's course of study.

J - Exchange Visitor Visa
In general, this category is open to foreign students, au pairs, scholars, doctors, medical students, business and industrial trainees and others participating in U.S. government-approved programs for gaining experience, studying or performing research. Changing status to other nonimmigrant categories may be permissible, depending upon visa restrictions. However those subject to the 2 year home residency requirement must obtain a J1 waiver before changing to visa categories such as the H1B, the L, or before obtaining permanent residence.

Feel free to visit attorney Kamal Nawash for a consultation.